Thursday 21 June 2012

magic books

Have you ever thought about becoming a magician? I did, some ten years ago. I had seen this amazing magician on TV which really caught my attention! I just didn't know anything about where to start. Back then, there was no such thing as internet - at least not in any form that I had access to. So I went to the local library, and got "Houdini's magic Books". I went back home, thrilled to get started learning magic. I sat down at the kitchen table with my black hat, playing cards, coins, rubber bands and my magic wand. I was ready. I opened the magic books and skipped pages until I got to the first explanation. To my surprise I realized that the illustrations in the Magic books were pictures of a guy also sitting by a kitchen table! This was not identical to my imaginary picture. I was pretty sure these guys were up on huge stages, putting females into boxes with the intention of sawing them in half. Not sitting in the kitchen, wrapping yesterday's newspaper around a yellow ball, trying to make it look like he could push it through the table (which he, in my mind, didn't succeed with). To tell the truth, I was disappointed. The same went for all the other tricks in the entire book. Furthermore, I had the same feeling with every magic book I looked up at the local library or any other library for that sake. Theses book just didn't do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment