Monday 1 August 2011

Websites Selling Google +1’s

Continuing from my last article it seems the Google +1 has already spawned quite a number of companies that now sell clicks, heres an article I found that also shares some of my own reserves about the subject Websites "Selling Google +1’s, Will Google’s Results Be Gamed?"

I had a look myself and some of these companies are even selling clicks via searching your targeted phrase say for example "Lady Gaga Tribute"
or Solar Panels then clicking the +1 that appears in the rankings. Now Ive looked at that and so far its been hit and miss, sometimes you can click in the rankings and then also have to click the homepage itself too, other times Ive clicked in the rankings and the new click has appeared on the home page, so I not sure how exactly that service is being sold or pitched.

Im sure Google will soon either not include +1 in their algorithm or somehow combat this new digital marketing +1 farming tend.

No comments:

Post a Comment